Monday 1 June 2015

LESSONS FROM MY RICH DAD (Part 1)

I am fortunate, I met my Rich Dad and ever since we met, my life has never remained the same again. He found me from nowhere and he chose me as his Son. I bless God for his guiding light ever since he found me and adopted me. Though I am not worthy, he sought me, loved me and chose to favour me. I do not take this for granted.

Robert Kiyosaki has shared his experience with the world, I am glad after studying him so well, I now have my Rich Dad whom I can call my Father.

I have learnt great lessons from my Rich Dad, let me quickly share with you some of the salient and invaluable points he shared with me which I will forever reminisce upon as I run my business to greatness.


1. Do not attach sentiment to your business – keep your business as your business, nothing more and nothing less.

2. Don’t mix business with pleasure. A lot of people have taken pleasure for business and business for pleasure. Do not mix them both. Once it is time for work, face it and face it squarely.

3. Don’t be stingy. It takes money to make money. It will be really difficult to achieve any great goal, project or achievement, where the initial ground work is missing. It is necessary to invest in what you trust and believe it will come out well. Never be stiff to ignore the right signals and loss vital opportunities for your business.

4. Cut your loss and move on quickly. Never sit back and ponder over spilled milk. Pack up the remaining of the broken egg and make an omelet out of it. Never look back, always forge ahead.

5. Be a good listener. You will never succeed if you fail to listen to God and the people around you. Listen to your spouse, friends, workers, partners etc.

6. Make drastic decisions that will favour and protect your business. Never take too long to solve an urgent problem. Be swift and responsive in problem solving.

7. Never allow fear for any reason. Fear will always come around. It will want to take over your life. Always put your shield of faith before you. Be strong and courageous.

These points are salient and very vital for me as they have shown me in real terms what I have to do and implement always to run a successful business.



Little wonder a lot of people struggle in business, because they have no one to lead, guide and direct them in the right way. Experience is the best teacher they say, but you will have to spend ten years to gather the same experience someone else already has, why not leverage by learning from the successful experienced ones who have gone ahead before now and you will succeed easily and faster.

Thank you my Rich Dad, I will always keep to your instructions.

Sunday Obanubi
(Need help on how to transform your idea to reality? Have a project or business and need assistance to achieve them, book an appointment with Sunday Obanubi today. Send an email to Sunday@rhegos.com or call 09051919262)

No comments: